[CentOS-mirror] Mirror server with EICAR test string as hostname

Tue Aug 3 07:12:24 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 30/07/2021 11:25, HAHN, TOBIAS wrote:
> Hey Alpix,
>

> thanks for the quick reply. I was able to quickly reach the responsible
> admin using the address you provided, although his replies came from
> noc at as250.net <mailto:noc at as250.net> His feedback to this issue: the
> EICAR string is transmitted on purpose, there are no plans to change
> this. I will check internally how we can handle this issue (either
> adjust detection or switch to another mirror).
>

> Thanks & best Regards,
>
>    Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Thanks a lot for the initial report and follow-up with the mirror admin.
I've disabled it from mirrors so shouldn't appear in yum/dnf lists in
the next hour.

I'll also send mail to them to explain the reason why (but they should
be subscribed to this list but apparently not reacting to initial email
you sent here)

Kind Regards,
--
Fabian Arrotin