[CentOS-mirror] Mirror Detail

Christopher Hawker

email at chrishawker.com.au
Wed Jan 13 18:02:44 UTC 2021

Two days ago, I replied to your email advising that CentOS cannot accept your mirror due to sanctions placed on Iran by the US Government. It is illegal for CentOS to do so.

Due to the US Export Administration Regulations (“export sanctions”) placed on Iran by the US Government, RedHat and CentOS are unable to accept your mirror as a mirror for the CentOS Project.

“CentOS software and technical information may be subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (the “EAR”) and other U.S. and foreign laws and may not be exported, re-exported or transferred (a) to a prohibited destination country under the EAR or U.S. sanctions regulations (currently Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Crimea Region of Ukraine, subject to change as posted by the United States government)”

Please do refer to https://www.centos.org/legal/ for more information. We do however thank you for your offer and should circumstances change, The CentOS Project may be able to review this in the future.

Thanks,
Christopher Hawker