[CentOS-mirror] Offer new US mirror, but use Cloudflare for proxy?

Christopher Hawker

email at chrishawker.com.au
Sun Mar 28 05:45:41 UTC 2021

I do not believe the Project would accept a mirror that is proxied via Cloudflare. This is due to the fact that the requests are not being served directly by the mirror. The Project also uses GeoIP lookups to determine your mirror location and the GeoIP information for Cloudflare would (almost) with 100% surety not match the details for your host.

Furthermore, if your router cannot handle 200+ connections on a gigabit link then your network would not be of a type suitable for providing a mirror. By the sounds of it, this is not being hosted in a proper datacentre and while the Project appreciates your offer, it may not be acceptable due to the potential unreliability.

Regards,
Christopher Hawker

Sent from my iPhone