[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror - Using AnyCast BGP

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Fri May 21 08:49:04 UTC 2021

On 18/05/2021 03:20, icsllc11 wrote:
> HTTP:  http://mirror-centos.hostingswift.com/centos/
>
> HTTPS: https://mirror-centos.hostingswift.com/centos/
>
> RSYNC: rsync://mirror-centos.hostingswift.com/centos
>

> Sync schedule: Every 6 hrs
>
> Bandwidth: 1Gbps per 32x servers around the world using AnyCast BGP
>
> Location: Chicago is the main location, Dallas, Grand Rapids, LA, Seattle, Denver, New York, Miami, Amsterdam and many more.
>
> Sponsor: HostingSwift.Com
>
> Sponsor URL: https://HostingSwift.Com
>
> IPv4 address to authorize: 23.237.58.10
>
> IPv6 address to authorize:
>
> Email contact: icsllc09 at gmail.com
>

> Thank you,
>
> - Tim Wood
> Owner / Operator

Hi,

Thanks for the proposal but it seems that it's all behind cloudflare,
and so a simple
`curl http://mirror-centos.hostingswift.com/centos/timestamp.txt`
doesn't work as they redirect (301/permanently) to https, which defeat
the crawler process

So if you can't change the setup, I'm afraid that your mirror can't even
be validated by current mirmon/crawler process

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab