[CentOS-mirror] Mirroring CentOS Stream 9 - Content is now available

Thu Sep 30 01:07:35 UTC 2021
Brian Stinson <bstinson at redhat.com>

Hi Folks,

We have CentOS Stream 9 content seeded out to the network on a new
url: mirror.stream.centos.org
To start mirroring yourself follow the instructions in the CentOS
Stream 9 section on this page:
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors

We are mirroring CentOS Stream separately to enable us to switch to a
new layout, and so that we could use Mirrormanager for registering
mirrors against CentOS Stream content.

A couple of notes:
You’ll notice that ISOs, Source RPMs, and Debuginfo RPMs are delivered
in the various repos directly. In previous releases, this content was
synced to different directories, or even different services entirely
(like vault.centos.org). We made this change to more closely match
what comes directly out of the composes, and to keep sources and
debugs close to their binary RPM counterparts.

Special Interest Group content has been separated into its own
directory under the top-level rsync target, this helps us publish
distro content separately from SIG content, using different seed
procedures.

We expect to push content to the CentOS Stream 9 shares more
frequently than other CentOS releases, sometimes up to once a day so
we recommend keeping to the usual ‘sync every 6 hours’ schedule.

As always if there are questions, feel free to raise them on the
centos-mirror at centos.org list

Cheers!

Brian Stinson
The CentOS Project