[CentOS-mirror] Mirrors clean-up

Mon Jan 17 08:33:18 UTC 2022
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Hi all mirror[s] admin[s],

We still receive plenty of requests for new mirrors for CentOS Linux 7
and Stream 8 (CentOS Linux 8 is EOL and will disappear from mirrors in
two weeks) but at the same time we saw plenty of out-of-date mirrors,
some really out of date and most not reachable anymore, or with centos
content deleted.

So I quickly put as 'Disabled' in our mirrors DB 108 mirrors in such
state, and so our mirror crawler (for 7 and Stream 8) will not try to
validate these mirrors.

Reminder that if you want to start mirroring Stream 9 , it's a different
process (that was announced some time ago on this list and also
reflected in the official howto on wiki -
https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors - )

Kind Regards,
--
Fabian Arrotin