[CentOS-mirror] Mirrors for CentOS / Stream

Wed Jan 19 00:54:55 UTC 2022
Lance Albertson <lance at osuosl.org>

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 10:23 AM Lance Albertson <lance at osuosl.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 2:33 PM Neal Gompa via CentOS-mirror <
> centos-mirror at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 6:17 PM Justin Krejci <JKrejci at usinternet.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Apologies if this has been covered already but it has been a very hectic
>>> last several months.
>>>
>>> Are there any ramifications to CentOS mirrors with the changes going
>>> with CentOS/Stream? Will things change for mirrors? Will Stream be
>>> automatically included in the mirror processes? etc.
>>>
>>> Basically, is there anything we mirror operators need to know or do
>>> differently?
>>>

>> At the moment, nothing changes for CentOS Stream 8.
>>
>> However, for CentOS Stream 9, there's a new mirror process:
>> https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors#CentOS_Stream_9
>>

> I noticed you have a new module just for CS9 but it seems as though the
> rsync command you provide might conflict with overlaying on top of the
> other repo:
>
> rsync -aqzH --delete rsync.stream.centos.org::CentOS-Stream-All
> /path/to/local/mirror/root
>
> I see that the top level of this module is similar to the other one:
>
> drwxr-xr-x          4,096 2021/08/24 13:03:31 .
> -rw-r--r--             11 2022/01/18 18:00:01 TIME
> -rw-r--r--             29 2022/01/18 18:00:01 timestamp.txt
> drwxr-xr-x          4,096 2021/11/09 17:37:51 9-stream
> drwxrwxr-x          4,096 2021/09/15 12:45:16 SIGs
>
> I don't really see any clear documentation on how mirror admins should
> handle this? What's the recommendation? I imagine we don't want to set up a
> separate folder just for CS9.... Could you please clear this up?

I did some more digging and it appears folks have been creating a
"centos-stream" folder for this specific content which makes sense. I'll
work on getting the OSL setup with mirroring this soon!

> Also, it seems as though the OSUOSL is no longer setup in MirrorManager!
> I'm getting that fixed now. We had an account long ago but it must have
> gotten purged at some point.

Got this fixed and updated (Thanks Kevin!)

--
Lance Albertson
Director