[CentOS-promo] Re: CentOS Booth @ LinuxTag (fwd)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon May 7 11:08:29 UTC 2007

On Sun, 6 May 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > What is your opinion for the booth ?
> >
> > I haven't thought about a design for the booth. Having at least one or two
> > pedestal's would be nice. But a normal table would be useful as well to
> > put some flyers on and to put a big flat panel screen. Also a normal
> > rectangular table allows us to put stuff behind (like a computer or
> > bags). Also one or two chairs for that table would be good as well to sit
> > from time to time :)
>
> Sorry, I have been swamped with work over the last two weeks, so I
> couldn't do any real thinking (or other stuff for CentOS) during that
> time.
>
> Chairs are very very welcome :)
>
> You can probably put stuff like bags behind the pedestals, a square
> table would be nice for giving people a chance to talk to each other.

Well, in the original mail the word 'podest' was used. I tried to look
that up and found pedestal, which I'm still not sure what it is.
Somehow I think it's a 'standing table' where people can hang at (at
least I hope it is).

That's why I thought it would be useful to have a real table to put
something behind. I will ask clarification from the organisation.

> > as you can see on the floor map [1], your booth (#35) has a 6,36m front.
> > I thought about giving you two 50x50x130cm (width x depth x height) and
> > one 100x50x130cm podest for putting 3-4 laptops on it. Is this fine for you?
>
> So we have 2 m of pedestals in the booth, which leaves us 4x2 meters for
> talking with people - which probably isn't too bad. I'v been at the
> Fedora booth at Chemnitzer Linuxtag - and they could have used that
> space for in-depth talks.

Right. I'm going to make a drawing to have a better spatial view of
the booth.

> Should we discuss that on the mailing list? (Just to show some traffic
> there for the people who subscribed) >:)

I retrofitted it into the mailinglist without permission !
Man, I love the insecurity of SMTP to allow for that :)

Kind regards,