[CentOS-promo] Summary of Linuxtag meeting on sunday-evening

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue May 22 01:41:12 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Later than expected, here are the meeting-minutes of yesterday's
LinuxTag meeting.

Let me know if something is unclear or if I have the responsiblities
wrong. Please *do* look if your name is mentioned :)

Entry passes:
 + Special setup/breakup exhibitor passes: 10 in mailbox
    -> Action Dag: send 2 to Axel and 2 to Ralph [DONE]
 + Exhibitor passes: 10 are validated:
   (add list of names)
    -> Action Dag: make sure everyone involved has an exhibitor pass [DONE]
 + Visitor passes: 25 of which 22 still unused
    -> Action Axel: Send list of FU-Berlin people that need free entrance

Contact information:
 + Ralph was going to send his mobile phone as central contact hub [DONE]
 + Axel was going to send the shipping address [DONE]

Flyers:
 + We still have plenty good quality flyers from FOSDEM
 + We could already start improving the current flyers
   (but posters are more important)
    -> Action Ralph and Dag: bring flyers to LinuxTag

Posters:
 + We decided the booth needed decent durable posters
  - But printing a few is not cheap
  - Printing many lowers the price per poster drastically (200, 500, 1000 ?)
  - We may be able to sell these, if they are attractive
    -> Action Gideondk: Try to come up with one or more attractive designs ASAP
 + We decided that we want to have a parallel track for designing ordinary
   posters that can be printed by Lance on demand.
    -> Action *everyone*: Design a few 'normal' posters or slogans and help gideondk
       (this design can be used in the future for other purposes eg. LUGs)

Stickers:
 + Stickers are cheap and very wanted, can we give these away for free ?
   (We could give them to people that promise to put them on servers or
    laptop or that can proof they run CentOS already by means of a quiz ?)
    -> Action Lance: bring plenty of cheap stickers

Businesscards:
 + At LinuxWorld London I used businesscards to write down information on
   the back. We could use special CentOS cards with already printed
   contact info (list, irc, forum)
    -> Action Dag: make a few designs, discuss, and print them (vistaprint.com?)

Merchandizing:
 + Lance asked for selling CentOS merchandizing, Ralph mentioned this
   needed approval. We ask for approval or work using donations.
    -> Action Dag: ask organisation for approval [DONE]
 + Lance couldn't bring stuff with ryanair
    -> Action Lance: ship the goods to Axel if required

Demo-systems:
 + We decided to show off 3 different things at LinuxTag
  - Axel's system demonstrating Xen (Dell OptiPles has no VT-X !)
    -> Action Danieldk: prepare this demo
  - One system to show of anaconda-loop installations in step mode
    -> Action Danieldk (?): prepare this demo
  - One system to show compiz 3D cube together with applications and slids
    -> Action Tim: prepare this demo (not beryl! :))

Other gear:
 + Flyerholders
    -> Action Dag: look at the AVA store for these
       (Brenda already looked an they were not cheap :/)
 + Adhesive tape/Wires for posters and tape for taping wires to the floor
    -> Anyone ?
 + Hub Ethernet cables, power cords
    -> Action Ralph: bring gear (hub no longer required)
 + Ethernet switch
    -> Action Dag: search for, find and bring ethernet switch
 + Mirror of CentOS, Atrpms, Rpmforge, Karan
    -> Action Axel: fill the 160GB disk as best as you can :)
 + Photo camera:
    -> Action Ralph: bring it
 + Demo PC + Beamer
    -> Action Axel: bring PC + Beamer
 + Demo PC + 22" LCD screen from FOSDEM that Frederik Kaputa happily
   offered for LinuxTag as well if insured
    -> Action Dag: pick up in Hasselt and bring to LinuxTag

Arrivals:
 + Axel is already there :)
 + Ralph is there from saturday
 + Meier arrives tuesday afternoon
 + Danieldk arrives tuesday at 17h
 + Dag and Tim arrive tuesday at 20h

Social activities:
 + Keysigning and CACert
    -> Action Ralph and Danieldk: lecture Dag and make it happen !
 + Linuxnacht: there were cheaper tickets if we were fast
    -> Action Dag: order cheaper tickets for everyone [DONE]
       we don't know if we have enough, since they will be distributed
       depending on demand, we will take the average price (between 15 and
       25 Euro per person)

Insurance:
 + Ralph needed information from everyone involved to know how much needed
   to be insured.
    -> Action Ralph: send out insurance order [DONE]
 + General liability insurance. Ralph informed us that it was only 82 Euro
   for the whole team.
    -> Action Ralph: check with Lance to see if CentOS can sponsor this

CentOS shirts:
 + Since most of use have nice CentOS shirts:
    -> Action *everyone*: bring themÃ
 + Tim and Meier do not have CentOS shirts,
   Danieldk and Gideondk have nameless shirts
    -> Action Dag: inquire arrfab to see if more can be made (these will
       not be free though !)

That was it folks.

Attached to this mail is the complete meeting log
(from 20:00 until 22:00)

Kind regards,