[CentOS-promo] LinuxTag preparations

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Mon May 28 12:14:15 UTC 2007

On 5/27/07, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I've picked up the gear from Frederik (LCD + system) and
> realised that we used Fabian's IBM system for the 3D stuff. According to
> Frederik the video card in his small system does not have 3D capabilities !
>
> Not sure if we can solve this. Anyone has a small system they can bring ?

We can still run the demo directly from my laptop. It is also not the
fastest GPU inside but it work well enough.
Second option maybe. Does the system from Frederik have a AGP inside
it ? I still have a spare Radeon 9600XL AGP card. If we can put that
in the system it should be fast enough for compiz.

...cut...

> The business cards worked out fine. Since I was in a time-rush I could
> discuss the layout publically (I made them at 2h at night so that they
> could be printed the very next day. I hope people like them and I'm
> interested to hear from everyone how to improve them for next event.
>
> I printed 250 in full color for 19 Euros. The design I used is here:
>
>         http://dag.wieers.com/attic/centos/business-card-centos.pdf

They look nice to me, good work.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - dj at rootshell.be - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)