[CentOS-promo] Re: LinuxTag preparations

Mon May 28 22:07:23 UTC 2007
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:01:13PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2007, Tim Verhoeven wrote:
>
> > On 5/27/07, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yesterday I've picked up the gear from Frederik (LCD + system) and
> > > realised that we used Fabian's IBM system for the 3D stuff. According to
> > > Frederik the video card in his small system does not have 3D capabilities !
> > >
> > > Not sure if we can solve this. Anyone has a small system they can bring ?
> >
> > We can still run the demo directly from my laptop. It is also not the
> > fastest GPU inside but it work well enough.
> > Second option maybe. Does the system from Frederik have a AGP inside
> > it ? I still have a spare Radeon 9600XL AGP card. If we can put that
> > in the system it should be fast enough for compiz.

Maybe the Dell PC can help out? I found out that it was quite
different than the normal specs (you can obviously change everything
on a Dell order). The bad news is that it has only 80GB hdd, but the
good ones are that it has an nVidia graphics card (Quadro NVS 285,
NV44). Maybe that's OK for showing compiz?

But: Using the xen kernel and the nvidia drivers is known to be
unstable, So while demoing xen one would not have access to compiz and
vice versa.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net