[CentOS-promo] [Fwd: www.centos.org - Contact the CentOS Development Team Form]

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Sun Sep 30 19:57:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 00:28 +0530, Karanbir Singh wrote:
<snip>
> So I ask you a thing: I would like giving many Italian people some
> priceless boxes of your Linux softwares, even in ancient versions,
> showing this way to everybody this operative system and publicizing your
> production.
>       If you agree, please send me the required material to my address.
> Best wishes.
<snip>

I didn't know that CentOS could answer to such request. The only linux
distribution that can send official discs by mail/post is .. Ubuntu ...
and i don't think Mark is the new CentOS owner ... :o)
Maybe it's time to discuss (i don't know if i'm authorized too though)
it seriously here ...
When we prepared the Fosdem, no 'budget' was allowed to prepare the
booth ... on which we 'sold' CentOS T-Shirts, mugs and CD/DVD sets to
people visiting the centos booth.
This specific answer about receiving free 'boxes' is quite interesting
and can be used to discuss it :
Should we have to answer him something like : "sorry, we can only sell
you nice printed CDs sets or you can download/burn them for free
yourself ..."  ?
Ideas welcome ...

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>