[CentOS-promo] FOSDEM 2008 Updates

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Thu Feb 14 14:06:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Lance Davis wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > Seán O Sullivan wrote:

> > > Not done so yet.
> > > I'll hold off till get confirmation of the design then.
> >
> > HRM!
> >
> > "Official Confirmers", please step up!
> >
> > IMNSHO that looks much better than any of the posters we had last year.
> > So I'd say "Yes, print it". Maybe someone else might want to chime in?
>
> I am not happy yet with the logo - and have asked Geoff to get pdf's of the
> posters we used last year so that I can add them to the wiki for comparison.
>
> Also - that poster has zero information on it - is that what you want ??

No, it can certainly be better, and hopefully we can create glossy posters
and make them so cool that we can sell them. But with less than 10 days to
go I don't think we can be very picky.

In fact, I would prefer 2 kind of posters. One being an attention grabber
that is cool and something that people want to have at home. And the other
one being an informative poster that is useful so people that walk by get
the message without needing to address someone (which sometimes people do
not do by themselves).

Both can help people to come and talk to us, but the second poster gives
away the message even if they don't.

However, FOSDEM is not the typical tradeshow so I am not that concerned.