[CentOS-promo] FOSDEM 2008 Updates

Fri Feb 8 09:25:03 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

Hi all,

FOSDEM Schedule.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have send in the final schedule to the FOSDEM organisation. The schedule
is less tense, mostly because Fedora only has a five talks. This means we
have a Lunch break and time to break down the booth and clean the devroom.

pre-FOSDEM on Friday.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now, we proposed to have a pre-FOSDEM on Friday, so we could sit together
and discuss some CentOS topics in 'private'. I want to book the Monk for
this on friday-noon and friday-afternoon, but nobody has registered their
name yet on the wiki. If you plan to be there, please put that in the wiki !

The Beer-event is for the first time in a different venue, with more space
and more beer, so we definitely plan to go there this year without
disappointements. We still need a good place to have dinner on Friday
(proposals are welcome).

Promo stuff.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
We still have sufficient flyers from last year and I reordered business
cards. If it is still feasible, it would be nice to have stickers and
better posters. Lance could have posters printed, but I think the only
part missing is the design ! Who can do this ?

For stickers I am going to look today to see if I can order something
online.

Lunch and dinner during FOSDEM.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It would also be nice to have a plan on Saturday evening for dinner (and
maybe on Sunday evening for those heading home later) and something to eat
during lunch time both days. Maybe we could just buy enough sandwiches and
make our own sandwiches for lunch ? Anyone want to organise this ?

Since we have the devroom free during lunch on Sunday we could eat
together in the devroom.

Booth.
^^^^^^
Afaik, we don't have anything to show at the booth. If we could do the
same as last year that would be great, but who is bringing a big screen
and a computer system ?

Is there something we could improve compared to last year wrt. the booth ?

Only 2 weeks to go, so we have to hurry !