[CentOS-promo] FOSDEM 2008 Updates

Thu Feb 14 15:48:27 UTC 2008
Lance Davis <lance at centos.org>

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Dag Wieers wrote:

> So whatever we have is fine by me. But if we have 2 designs of which
> already 3 persons opted for one design today, I am not sure why we are
> wasting more time and risking not having anything at all.

I am concerned to maintain the brand identity of the CentOS logo - and the
one on the proposed poster seems to be different to me in that it has
extra white lines around the arrows, that turn the into boxes rotated by
45 degrees, which dont appear in the original logo at least when
printed on a white background.

In my view it is the arrows that are the most important part of the logo
and they are detracted from by the white outline.

The 3d logo we have used previously and which is on the poster I uploaded
is the CentOS logo unchanged but given depth ,perspective and shading.

Sean: when is your deadline for printing ???

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.