[CentOS-promo] Fosdem 2008 status

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 08:41:18 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 4:33 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> > I was planning to only talk about deployment (so not about config
> > management). But I'll leave the subject for you then, I'll brainstorm
> > about something else to talk about.
>
> One of the other things that would be good to get out there is how
> people and projects might use CentOS as a platform to deliver their own
> apps.
>
> Perhaps what we could do is something like this :
>
> Tim does Virt talk
>
> Tim + KB do a tutorial on howto get mass deployment going using cobbler
> + Virt
>
> KB does talk on howto use centos as a platform.
>

> I think since its a devroom - a tutorial would be good. however, its
> always nice to have the audience with laptops or machines that they can
> pluginto some network and join the effort and play along. Not sure how
> that might go down. Also, there might be an issue that just 2 of us
> might not be able to cover the entire room ( if we have more than 10 -
> 12 people attending ) - so we might need a few more people to help with
> the tutorial.
>
> I would really like something interactive like that though.

Great idea, I'm up for that. I always like the more interactive
sessions so this sound a ideal way. I propose we get together on IRC
or something to work this out in more detail.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)