[CentOS-promo] Dutch CentOS community day

Sat Mar 29 15:22:35 UTC 2008
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Daniel de Kok wrote:

> NLLGG (The Dutch Linux usergroup) has offered us the opportunity to
> organize a CentOS community day during their June 7 meeting. This
> would be a good opportunity to introduce CentOS to Dutch Linux users
> and people interested in migrating to Linux. We would like to follow
> up on this offer, and are looking for speakers who want to give a talk
> about CentOS. If Dutch isn't your native language, it's also possible
> to do a talk in English. Besides that other CentOS presence is also
> welcome, but finding speakers is currently our highest priority.
>
> If you are interested in giving a talk, please let us know!
>
> We currently have two people who are willing to give a talk:
>
> - Enterprise Linux and CentOS (CentOS introduction) - Dag
> - CentOS and Virtualization - Daniel

Maybe we should look at what kind of topics would be useful at such an
event. For that we need to know what the audience is like. But
presentations that are always useful to prepare and offer on the wiki are:

  - The CentOS project (history, organisation, contributing)
  - Installing CentOS (for beginners)
  - CentOS as a desktop replacement (tips and applications)

What else would be interesting (and CentOS specific) ?

PS Stickers, posters and media would be useful as well.