[CentOS-promo] CentOS @ Fosdem 2010 : call for speakers !

Thu Dec 17 13:16:41 UTC 2009
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Fabian Arrotin
<fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net> wrote:
> Covered topics in those devrooms will be :

I've proposed two talks (or rather discussion panels) for Fosdem on
the dist2010 list already:

a) Infrastructure management

I am interested to learn how other distributions manage their
infrastructure. I can do a short talk about how CentOS does that, but
would like to learn from others. From the "spectator's" view, this
could also be interesting for other largish projects doing their own
infrastructure.

Topics include hosting, config management, monitoring, dealing with
hosters, etc.

b) Mirror management.

I am interested to learn how other distributions manage their mirrors.
Again I can do a short talk about how CentOS does that, but would also
like to see how other distributions take care of that: How does one
become a mirror? How are mirrors checked for freshness? How is content
distributed to the mirrors? Is content checked? etc.

Ralph