[CentOS-promo] Fosdem CentOS presentations length

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu Jan 8 13:11:51 UTC 2009

Hi Folks,

Due to a tied schedule we'd have to discuss asap the length of all your
presentations.
Fedora has a lot of voluteers for the devroom so we have to be sure that
everybody is happy : if your talk will be only 15/20 minutes and that we
booked a 1 hour slot, i don't think that Fedora people who can't present
something because of the initial schedule will be happy (and vice-versa).

For example i can reduce my 'introduction to CentOS' talk to 30 minutes
because of more interesting/technical CentOS talks.
So i need that information ... for yesterday ! :-p

List of CentOS talks (up to now) :

  - CentOS introduction (30 mins) - FabianArrotin
  - Enterprise Linux competitive landscape (1 hour) - DagWieers
  - CentOS on the desktop (30 mins) - ToshaanBharvani
  - Creating custom ramdisks (30 mins) - DagWieers
  - SELinux on CentOS ( 1hour)  - RalphAngenendt
  - Poor man's SAN with CentOS and gPXE (30 mins)- AndreasRogge
  - Large CentOS LDAP deployments (1 hour) - GeerdDietgerHoffmann

Here is the schedule proposed by the Fedora team :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/FOSDEM/FOSDEM2009#Speakers_in_the_Dev_Room

I'll update our wiki to reflect our proposal as well ....
http://wiki.centos.org/Events/Fosdem2009

It is ok for everybody ?

--
-