[CentOS-promo] Fosdem CentOS presentations length

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:06:37 UTC 2009

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> List of CentOS talks (up to now) :
>
>    - CentOS introduction (30 mins) - FabianArrotin
>    - Enterprise Linux competitive landscape (1 hour) - DagWieers
>    - CentOS on the desktop (30 mins) - ToshaanBharvani
>    - Creating custom ramdisks (30 mins) - DagWieers
>    - SELinux on CentOS ( 1hour)  - RalphAngenendt
>    - Poor man's SAN with CentOS and gPXE (30 mins)- AndreasRogge
>    - Large CentOS LDAP deployments (1 hour) - GeerdDietgerHoffmann
>
> Here is the schedule proposed by the Fedora team :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/FOSDEM/FOSDEM2009#Speakers_in_the_Dev_Room
>

> I'll update our wiki to reflect our proposal as well ....
> http://wiki.centos.org/Events/Fosdem2009
>
> It is ok for everybody ?

looks good, some humble opinions
1) I think, CentOS should have at least one presentation about
virtualization (where, when and whom is the question)
2) If possible, time wise, I would like to do a presentation about usb
CentOS install, after Dag's ramdisk

this would look like this to me
10 -> 11
- CentOS introduction (30 mins) - FabianArrotin
- Enterprise Linux competitive landscape (30 mins) - DagWieers
11 -> 12
- CentOS on the desktop (30 mins) - ToshaanBharvani
- Creating custom ramdisks (30 mins) - DagWieers
12 -> 13
- Creating usb install for centos (30 mins) - ToshaanBharvani
- Poor man's SAN with CentOS and gPXE (30 mins)- AndreasRogge
13 -> 14
- SELinux on CentOS (1 hour)  - RalphAngenendt
14 -> 15
- Large CentOS LDAP deployments (1 hour) - GeerdDietgerHoffmann