[CentOS-promo] FOSDEM 2009 : Presentation

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 10:49:29 UTC 2009

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> You wrote:
>
> 'Possibility to get paid support from upstream or elsewhere'
>
> If you mean Red Hat with 'upstream' this is not true as they do not
> (yet) offer support contracts for CentOS environments.

What I mean is actually a little more complicated :
(1) If you convert from CentOS to RHEL (as it is the same base), you can
get paid support, also mixed environments would be easy to support as
there is a lot of common knowledge
(2) There are local consultants, whom would be willing to "support"
CentOS based environments
So I would rephrase as follows :
'Possibility to get paid support from upstream (conversion RHEL) or
elsewhere'
If this is to risky/not clear enough, I would just leave it at :
'Possibility to get paid support'