[CentOS-promo] Fosdem 2009 material and saturday evening dinner

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:46:51 UTC 2009

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> I was just wondering which kind of stuff we'd have to bring for Fosdem
> 2009 :
> - posters from last year (Dag ?)
> - flyers (Dag)
> - other ideas ?
Dag usually brings his 24inch screen and a laptop.
I have one laptop, which I can spare for the booth.
I will try to print the poster on A1, I know somebody who maybe will let
me print it, I do not promise anything, next week is a very difficult
week for me, so I will try the week after that.

> I was also thinking about the fact that some presenters don't have an
> 'official' centos shirt. Ordering shirts or polo's will be difficult but
> i still have one spare shirt i ordered two years ago (without any name)
> that can be used just during presentations.
> Dag : do you also have some spare shirts/polo's from last year ?
Whatever is available and otherwise we will have to take turns.

> If you have other ideas, comments, feel free to join the discussion ;-)
Normally I remember CentOS sells CD's, would there be interest in a USB
stick installer (yes here I come again)
- 8GB with a single architecture of CentOS 5.3 at 20 euro (tax included)
- 16GB with dual architecture of CentOS 5.3 at 30 euro (tax included)
for each sales 5 euro  would go to CentOS, the rest I need to pay my
supplier
The question is would there be an instrest and is the price ok?
Also would CentOS 5.3 be available by then?
As I still have to make some adjustements to my presentation.

> PS : we're also planning to have a dinner on saturday evening after the
> fosdem day. If you're interested in joining us, let us know in *advance*
> because we have to organize/book that.
Count me in!

Will there be something on Friday before the beer event, as afterwards
we do not really know in what state we will be.