[CentOS-promo] An Invitation to LatinAmerica

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Fri Jun 5 01:50:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, RoDrigo Garcia S. wrote:

> Dear CentOS Community,
> Best Regards and the Best Wishes from Santiago, Chile! My name is
> Rodrigo Garcia, I am the Coordinator of the Regional Free Software
> Meeting [1] to be held in Santiago de Chile on October 7,8 and 9.
>
> We'll be very happy if some folks from CentOS can show to our community
> from Latin America the different aspects  about the CentOS Project. We
> don't  have money to pay air tickets, but we can offer our houses to
> hostel the people can come to Chile.
>
> If you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me.
>
> [1]  http://jornadas.opencommunity.cl/

I was present last year at Jornadas Regionales de Software Libre in Buenos
Aires, AR. And while I enjoyed the visit, the price for the airplane
tickets (for only 4 days) was too big to do it again.

The original plan was to also visit more of Argentina/Latin America, but
due to circumstances that wasn't possible. Since I promised to come it was
a quite expensive for such a short visit :-/

Maybe we can find someone native to present CentOS. It might also help,
since my presentation at JRSL was translated in real-time and I think some
things may get lost in translation.