[CentOS-promo] [CentOS-devel] 5.4 Artwork for t-shirts and posters?

Fri Sep 18 22:17:32 UTC 2009

On 09/18/2009 10:19 PM, Garry.Dale wrote:
> Hi. For an upcoming promo event, may I get some sample 5.4 files for
> t-shirts and posters from the Artwork SIG?   Or should I just use a
> sample from here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Preview-5.4

we are not updating artwork from 5.3 ( in the 5.4 release ).

Also, I dont think we should bother with the T-shirts - we dont want to
hand out something that expensive ( and remember the project is NOT
taking on any form of financial donations, so we have no need to sell
T-Shirts in return for money - we never had to do that. Ever )

What is good, and its been around since Dag  and Fabian organised it
many years back is to have some professional Shirts with the CentOS logo
on there for the people who are going to be around the stand. At
reasonable cost, the project will pay for it.

What we can also do is get maybe 100 DVD's and burn something onto them,
have them on hand to give out. Stickers are another thing that are good
to have. If they can be personalised in someway to reflect the event
thats even better.

I have a stack of leaflets from the CentOS-5 launch days, that is mostly
still relevant and I'll get those with me ( its a few hundred so were
unlikely to run out ).

For demo's at the stand we need to come up with something. I tend to
like having 2 machines, one to install from and another to install onto.
Can carry 2 laptops with me for this purpose, or we can just use a
virtmachine setup on one laptop.

So, we need to have :

- Table cover ( needs doing )

- Shirts for CentOS people, so Garry, Johnny and me ( needs doing )

- Leaflets ( already here )

- Demo laptops ( already there, Garry is going to get one, I'll have
ether 1 or 2 )

- 100 DVD's with install media ( Needs doing )

I'm also going to try and come up with a 1 page write up on what and how
hosting companies can do to help the project. Will print this out onto a
A2 sized sheet and bring it along.