[CentOS-promo] CentOS Pulse #1006 - The August Newsletter.

Mon Aug 16 12:45:44 UTC 2010
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Alan Bartlett wrote:

> On 16 August 2010 11:58, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>
>> Is it a case of better defining the content that could / would go into
>> the newsletter, and then making contribution to the newsletter easier
>> for people ?
>>
>> I guess what I'm trying to say is, why is there little contribution:
>>
>> - because we have not defined the framework well enough
>> - because its hard for people to find out how to contribute
>> - Could it be that the content in the existing newsletter isnt what most
>> people are looking for ?
>
> Three valid points to which I add, as the devil's advocate, a fourth:
>
> - because there is very little interest in a newsletter by the
> majority of the (user) Community.

The newsletter was originally started to provide better communication
between the development team and the community, and to allow people that
use CentOS but do not follow CentOS development/community to participate
by reading a bi-weekly summary.

I do think the above could be very useful to attract more people and
provide a vision/roadmap to where CentOS is heading.