[CentOS-promo] Status of CentOS newsletter?

Alan Bartlett ajb at elrepo.org
Sun May 29 09:01:15 EDT 2011

On 29 May 2011 07:28, Cody Jackson <supertanker13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the status of the CentOS Pulse Newsletter? I've heard a rumor
> or two that it has gone dormant. Is there any way that I can help out?
>
> I enjoy writing as a hobby and have a firm grasp on the English
> language--it is my native tongue. I've been using CentOS for several
> years and love discovering new things to do with it.
>
> If you've got a place for me, I'd be happy to contribute! I hang out
> in #centos-social on Freenode as "Supertanker" if you'd like to talk
> to me in real-time.

Hi Cody,

I'm sorry to say that the newsletter, CentOS Pulse, died a death due
to an overwhelming lack of support by the CentOS user-base /
community.

The problem was that although it had an "editor-in-chief", section
editors and proof-readers, there was essentially zero input from the
community and, without the raw data input, there was nothing to write
about.

Regards,
Alan.