[CentOS-promo] Second Call for the promo box ...

Always Learning centos at u61.u22.net
Wed Jan 11 08:14:30 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 13:00 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> I'm guessing we can just get 200 DVD's and burn as needed. Not that I
> have any optical device anymore.

How about:-

    64-bit DVDs (2 per set or could 6.2 be 'squashed' onto one DVD?)
    32 & 64-bit LIVE CDs

It would mean 1 DVD and 2 CDs were required for one pack of disks which
could be handed-out with a request the recipient shares the disks with
others.

Volunteers - ask on main list - could do 10 of the DVD or CD and post
them to an address in England, BRD etc. of intending FOSDEM attendees.

> > With a bit of planning Centos could have imported several hundreds /
> > thousands from China at a very, very low price including MwSt and EU
> > customs duty.
>
> what planning and what would we do with thousands of these :) remember
> the shelf life is another issue, in 6 months, we need a new point release

Universities should, ideally, have people possessing enquiring minds.
That is one distributing place. A walk around Brussels handing-out
CDs/DVDs could get rid of more. Belgium has 3 languages: German,
Belgium-French and Belgium-Dutch (Vlaams). English is understood by most
computer fans. Mingling with the population and distributing disks
should be fairly easy and an enjoyable experience.

++ Goede middag mevrouw, wet U iets over computers?

or something like that :-)

Paul.