[CentOS-promo] Second Call for the promo box ...

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jan 24 11:51:14 EST 2012

On 01/24/2012 04:03 PM, Andreas Rogge wrote:
>> I guess 300 disks would be a good target ?
>>
> 300 is a lot. I wouldn't even dare to make 300 disks at home. That takes
> ages.
> As we've learned from previous events that people usually only want the
> latest release, it is pointless to create 300 disks with 6.2 now when
> 6.3 is just a matter of a few months.

I was thinking more along the lines of doing this once, and using them
for other meetup's and conferences as well.

> I guess we should just create the disks we will need for an event.
> Btw... can we have an ISO for double-layer DVDs? Or maybe even a
> i386/x86_64 Live/Install "Monster"-DVD?
> We could make that spin private so people can get it at conferences only :)
> The point is: DL-DVDs may be expensive. But when you print an image onto
> each disk with an inkjet two single-layer DVDs become more expensive
> than one double-layer DVD.

Creating the iso is easy, but does the existing livedvd media not give
us something like that ? its easily installable as well.

> Concerning the printer: I planned on buying a Brother DCP-J925DW anyway.
> So I could just buy it right now, print a bunch of CentOS DVDs and get a
> refund for the ink and the disks used :)

ok, i dont think we have the time for anything else ( if we want to have
them done for Fosdem ).

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax