[CentOS-promo] Second Call for the promo box ...

Tue Jan 24 19:41:29 UTC 2012
Andreas Rogge <a.rogge at solvention.de>

Am 24.01.2012 17:51, schrieb Karanbir Singh:

> I was thinking more along the lines of doing this once, and using them
> for other meetup's and conferences as well.
Thats a good idea. But 300 is still much - especially if I shall make
them in the next two weeks.

>> I guess we should just create the disks we will need for an event.
>> Btw... can we have an ISO for double-layer DVDs? Or maybe even a
>> i386/x86_64 Live/Install "Monster"-DVD?
>> We could make that spin private so people can get it at conferences only :)
>> The point is: DL-DVDs may be expensive. But when you print an image onto
>> each disk with an inkjet two single-layer DVDs become more expensive
>> than one double-layer DVD.
>
> Creating the iso is easy, but does the existing livedvd media not give
> us something like that ? its easily installable as well.
The LiveDVD is either i386 or x86_64 and it doesn't contain all
Packages. I know several enviroments where you cannot use yum to install
additional software (firewalls and kerberized proxy servers ftw). So the
LiveDVD doesn't really do the trick.

If building the ISOs is easy, go for it.

>> Concerning the printer: I planned on buying a Brother DCP-J925DW anyway.
>> So I could just buy it right now, print a bunch of CentOS DVDs and get a
>> refund for the ink and the disks used :)
>
> ok, i dont think we have the time for anything else ( if we want to have
> them done for Fosdem ).
At least the "need a printer" thing is fixed right now.

--
Solvention Ltd. & Co. KG
Egermannstr. 6-8

Tel: +49 2226 158179-0