[CentOS-promo] USB keys source ?

Mon Oct 1 22:15:23 UTC 2012
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

On 10/02/2012 12:33 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> A large hardware vendor has offered to pay for USB keys with CentOS
> pre-packaged on there, to be distributed against no-cost, either at
> meetings and events or against postage cost from promo.centos.org
>
> However, they dont have the time and resources to get the work done to
> make this happen. And have asked us to look into that. How does one go
> about finding potential sources for 8gb USB Keys ?

I have placed a couple of order for different items ( phone cables,
charger, a PC diagnose card ) at http://dealextreme.com . Except for the
long delivery time ( 3 weeks ) and the so-so quality of the
phone-related products, I have nothing to complain of. Transport from
China via HK included, the prices were 50% of what I would have paid if
purchasing in a shop over here. A friend of mine from Canada also
purchased different items from them, without issues as well. Their
listed prices include shipping ( apparently anywhere in the world.. )
http://dx.com/p/transcend-jetflash-300-usb-2-0-flash-drive-black-8gb-152319?item=34
is an example of what one can find there.

A friend of mine bought video cameras from http://www.dhgate.com/ . Once
again, no issues. A quick search led to
http://www.dhgate.com/new-store-opening-promotion-various-8gb-10pcs/p-ff808081379cf8f00137c98f97e640fa.html
http://www.dhgate.com/monthly-promotion-china-post-8gb-usb-flash/p-ff808081384b90c701385bc06f613557.html
I can dig deeper if you provide more details on the needs

And last but not least, another friend recommended
http://www.buyincoins.com/
A quick search gave
http://www.buyincoins.com/new_en/pages/search--usb+flash+8+GB----1.html