[CentOS-promo] A CentOS Conference

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jan 29 20:01:49 UTC 2013

hi Guys,

I think its a good time to start talking about a CentOS Conference in
the summer of this year. At the moment, I'm looking at a first week of
July, in the UK ( but not in London ) event.

The idea being that this allows people who use and build CentOS to come
together to talk about issues, concerns and also ideas on how we can
better serve the user communities and expand them into areas where
CentOS might be a good fit.

We could, as an easy starting point, have a 1 day event. Its easier to
manage, but I feel that to get real value, it would be good to bring in
speakers from a diverse background and userbase - so two days, with a
warm-up or tutorials based 3rd day might be a good format.

Volunteers to help ? Ideas ?

- KB