[CentOS-promo] Dojo - Port au Prince Haiti

Wed Apr 23 20:44:52 UTC 2014
Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com>

Based on a comment on IRC, I investigated the options, and I have a
contact in Port au Prince, Haiti, who has a facility that we would be
able to use in the November-February time frame, when I would otherwise
be freezing through a Kentucky winter. Are we interested in doing a Dojo
in Haiti?

The facility is a middle school and high school, with reliable Internet
and rooms where we could hold events. We could bring food and beverage
onto campus, but due to the nature of the facility we would not be able
to bring alcohol onsite - I don't know if that's a show-stopper for
anyone. If it is, my brother-in-law would be glad to help us find other
facilities, but we'd be giving up some pretty sweet digs.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually been to the school, but I've heard great
things about the facilities, and would really like to visit the place
where my sister works. Also, their tech guy could use whatever help we
could offer while we're there.

--Rich

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison