[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo + OpenNebula

Wed Aug 27 09:50:41 UTC 2014
Adrian Bora <abora at cloudbasesolutions.com>

Hello,

First of all here are the session titles + abstracts for the sessions we have so far for the Timisoara Dojo:

Jaime Melis (speaker might change, session will remain the same):
OpenNebula on CentOS - A zero to hero session on running your own cloud on CentOS Linux with OpenNebula, KVM and GlusterFS. We will finish off with a conversation around some of the pitfalls of modern day on premise clouds.

Alessandro Pilotti:
Automating OpenStack CI testing on CentOS with Tempest and RDO - A large open source project like OpenStack with almost 1000 active developers contributing code requires strong policies to gate proposed patches. This becomes particularly tricky in a cloud enviroment consisting of several decoupled projects, with a non trivial amount of external components as well. After a solid year of experience running the Nova and Neutron Hyper-V CI, during this session we'll present the tips and tricks that we developed to successfully run a multi-layered cloud whose management layer is based on CentOS and RDO.

Nicolae Critu & Catalin Costea:
Platform in a box - Deployment from virtual box to enterprise cloud - Our presentation will be about why and how we deploy our platform to a CentOS VirtualBox VM as well as to AWS or OpenStack + Ceph provider. Why and which AWS services we use. As going to the cloud is turmoil for most IT companies I think sharing our experience is valid learning.

Valentin Bud:
OpenNebula in Production - I will talk about the design process for a Cloud in production built with OpenNebula emphasising on the lessons learned from running this Cloud for the past year.

@Karanbir or @Ralph / @Tim - What would be your session proposal?

I'd say the expected audience would be DevOps focused.

The expected costs for the CentOS Dojo + OpenNebula TechDays are:
300 euro - Venue (http://www.business-centre.ro<http://www.business-centre.ro/>)
500 euro - Catering (for the 2nd day) + Coffee Breaks (both days)

If we split them among the 2 events, i'd say that about 66% will go towards the Dojo (being a full-day event), and about 34% towards the OpenNebula TechDays (being a 4-hour event, in the first day).

The costs are covered by Cloudbase Solutions and Unified Post equally. Can there be a mention of this on the Dojo wiki?

For the 6th speaker and possible tutorial sessions i will send an update as soon as i get a confirmation.

We can organise something to record the sessions, but if you have professional cameras and it's not a hassle to bring them, please do so.

Karanbir, can you put in place an Eventbrite page for registrations? Even if the event will be free, it makes sense to have a platform to keep track on the people who have registered.

Thanks,
Have a nice day!