[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at Brussels 2015

Patrick Laimbock patrick at laimbock.com
Tue Dec 16 16:45:49 UTC 2014

On 16-12-14 16:20, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 16/12/14 14:20, Haïkel wrote:
>> I could do a talk on Openstack/RDO
>>
> sounds good, a getting started with openstack with RDO could be a great
> session. Would you want to run this as a hack session/tutorial ( where
> people follow along ) or do you want to do this as a demo ( where you do
> the stuff, and people look on ).

I have demoed a virtualized OpenStack 3-node deployment via Packstack on
my laptop using a bridged DHCP interface (no Virtualbox, just plain
libvirt & KVM) on CentOS 7 VMs. It paints a nice picture of what a real
deployment looks like so I prefer it over the single-node allinone option.

> I guess a tutorial on getting started with openstack might be a longer,
> 2 hr session, whereas a demo might be shorter 30 or 45 min ?

2 hours should cover the installation and enough time to deploy an
instance, going through the GUI, answer questions and play around.
Explaining Neutron networking however easily takes a lifetime :)

> We will have local mirrors for centos content there, and a local
> dedicated wifi access point. And we can easily add on any content that
> you might need for the tutorial / demo as well - so people dont spend
> too much time downloading over the internet.

Might be useful to add a mirror of the RDO (Juno EL7) repo too:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/

Best,
Patrick