[CentOS-promo] Talk proposal for the

Dario Faggioli dario.faggioli at citrix.com
Fri Dec 19 15:53:33 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'd be interested in attending the next Dojo in Brussels.

I actually wanted to propose a talk for it, titled "Tuning the Xen
Hypervisor for Optimal Performance". Something similar to this has been
delivered already at previous Dojos, but there is always something new
to say about such a topic. :-)

Here's a few more info:

 As we all know, the Xen hypervisor powers some of the largest and most
 popular public cloud services. Hence, the session could be useful to
 people wanting to tune and optimise their instances and the workload
 they're sending to the Cloud.

 In fact, Xen has several options and different kinds of guests. The
 talk would describe the various types of guests supported by Xen,
 give insights about their respective strengths and weaknesses and
 advise under what circumstances, and with what parameters, one should
 use each one of them, in order to achieve the best possible
 performance.

Of course, some of what is happening with the CentOS Virt SIG would be
mentioned, and I'd be available to try providing insights and answering
questions about it, although I'm not directly involved in it.

About me, I'm a Citrix employee, paid to work 100% on my time on Xen as
an Open Source project. I'm in the same team as Roger, the guy that gave
a talk similar to this at previous Dojos.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario

PS. Sorry if I'm sending this as a new message, and not as a reply to
the CfP, but I just subscribed to centos-promo! :-)