[CentOS-promo] Talk proposal for the next Dojo in Brussels (30th January 2015)

Dario Faggioli dario.faggioli at citrix.com
Tue Dec 23 17:38:37 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-12-19 at 16:54 +0100, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> Here's a few more info:
>
>  As we all know, the Xen hypervisor powers some of the largest and most
>  popular public cloud services. Hence, the session could be useful to
>  people wanting to tune and optimise their instances and the workload
>  they're sending to the Cloud.
>
>  In fact, Xen has several options and different kinds of guests. The
>  talk would describe the various types of guests supported by Xen,
>  give insights about their respective strengths and weaknesses and
>  advise under what circumstances, and with what parameters, one should
>  use each one of them, in order to achieve the best possible
>  performance.

BTW, if some more practical and 'hands-on' style content is more
welcome, I can include a few suggestions, and maybe even a small demo,
about how to use tracing in Xen, with particular focus on figuring out
what particular vCPUs are running on the host's pCPUs at any given time.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario