[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at timisoara, Romania

Wed Feb 19 19:32:43 UTC 2014

Hi

We had a chat today amongst a few peple - I am postig notes here.

Its going to be a 2 day event, hosted at Timisoara. We are going to
co-locate with an OpenNebula Techday event. The options are to either
just merge the sessions in ( having OpenNebula talks on both days, and
also CentOS talks on both days - or just run one day as a Dojo and
another day as TechDay.. comments welcome ! )

----
Proposed dates: 11th and 12th of Sept

----
Registration: There will be a nominal cost involved ( 10 Eur approx )
for attending the Dojo.

----
Venue: To Be Confirmed ( but there are 2 identified and being spoken with ).

----
Catering: Lunch will be provided on both days, with coffee and water
through the day.

----
Sponsors: Cloudbase Solutions are taking the lead on this, and
facilitating the venue + catering for both days, but are going to also
look for other sponsors in the area.

We are looking for a sponsor to host a beer event / social on the
evening of the Dojo.

----
Funding for speakers: uncertain ( but please ask )

----
Brief:
Focus is going to be on developer, devops and cloud technologies. We are
only accepting technical talks ( tutorials, demos and tech previews are
welcome ). We are also accepting talks for coding sessions where the
talk focus on either a CentOS key component ( eg. hacking with libvirt
on centos ) or a CentOS SIG Component.

----
Proposal for talks : please send a brief overview of the talk proposal
and yourself to the centos promo list (
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos-promo )

Regards

--