[CentOS-promo] [DRAFT] Code of Conduct for CentOS Dojos

Fri Feb 21 10:22:06 UTC 2014
Andreas Rogge <a.rogge at solvention.de>

Am 21.02.2014 07:17, schrieb Rejy M Cyriac:
> On 02/21/2014 02:13 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As we're ramping up planning for CentOS Dojos in 2014, it would be a
>> Good Idea to have a code of conduct/Anti-Harassment/Discrimination
>> Policy in place. I've taken the liberty of drafting a short one based on
>> the Linux Foundation's [1] policy.
>>
>> I trust that this is non-controversial, but I'm including the language
>> below in case we need to make any tweaks. We also need to decide who
>> will be the point of contact for any concerns (aside from the local
>> event staff).
>>
>> Thoughts, comments, flames?

This seems to be mostly an issue in the USA or at least it isn't an
issue in Europe. I've been to several conferences in Europe and I
haven't ever heard of any issues concerning something like that and also
I haven't heard of any code of conduct.
I've heard there have been issues at conferences in the US. A code of
conduct might help, but we shouldn't advertise it too offensive.
It is okay if we have it and we can refer to it, but we shouldn't put it
on every door in 30pt or something like that. I think it would be
somewhat offending to advertise it in that way, because for me it
implies that you think I don't know how to behave properly.

We *should* have clear guidelines and I'm glad to call them code of
conduct and we definitely should evict people who misbehave, but don't
put it on every wall

Regards,
Andreas

--