[CentOS-promo] New t-shirt (was Re: 10 year anniversary)

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Jul 18 16:48:32 UTC 2014

On 07/18/2014 09:03 AM, Always Learning wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-07-18 at 16:49 +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>
>> you kind of miss the point of the 10 years anniversary
> And next year and the year after ?  Does one want a souvenir or a
> wearable smart polo that will last for several years ? Some of mine last
> more than 10 years.
>
> Will one's collection of polos increase yearly with the 11 version, the
> 12 version ad infinitum ?
>
> Personally I prefer the wearable smart polo and not a souvenir.

I think the goal for this design, and I could be wrong, is this:

1.  Something that looks nice.
2.  Something that is decent quality, BUT, can be mass produced to be
able to give it away at some upcoming events.
3.  Something that looks different enough to also draw attention.

I think that design can do all 3.

It does not really look like a football jersey or an baseball jersey
specifically ... it is more like a "sporty" tee.  It could be any
sport.  Baseball jersey's are button down and football jerseys are not
tees, etc.

I mean, sure it would be great to mass produce quality polos (or even
Blazers if we are wishing for the world) and give them away for free ..
but that is beyond the scope of what I think we are trying to
accomplish, I think.

The "higher priced" options, if they were implemented, would be much
lower quantity and for specific purposes (ie, booth workers at major
events/conferences, etc) ... while the "promo give away" stuff would be
given away by the hundreds at several events.

Is this the purpose?

If so, I agree that the design posted meets the "promo give away" goal.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes