[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at karlsruhe, germany

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Mar 4 19:13:37 UTC 2014

Hi Matthias,

On 03/03/2014 12:56 PM, Matthias Albert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as the previous speaker I also want to introduce myself.

welcome to CentOS Promo!

> Because we're also using/working a lot with CentOS, I found the idea
> really great to host a CentOS dojo in Germany :).

thanks for offering to get this setup and run it.

> * a nice location in Karlsruhe or in Cologne (if it is OK, I would like
> to change the location to cologne)

works for me, i guess it boils down to the demographic we want to
address. Infra/ops/admin is easier than dev/deployment; cloud and virt
is also an option, as is storage and provisioning. Where do you think
there will be max value for the local audience ?

> * we can sponsor the catering (food and drinks and coffee and so on)
> * we've a small and mobile "data center" where we could demonstrate a
> lot of cool things (http://www.minirz.com/wordpress/?page_id=39)

Having seen this in action in the past, I *really* want something like
this :) time to go find some fabrication capacity!

> Regarding to the date:
> * From our side it would be really great if we could host the event in
> August 2014.

How does the week of 25 - 31st Aug work for you ? Also, are you keen to
do this on a weekday or a weekend ?

--
Karanbir Singh