[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at karlsruhe, germany

Matthias Albert matthias.albert at inovex.de
Tue Mar 25 09:04:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am 04.03.2014 um 20:13 schrieb Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>:

>> * a nice location in Karlsruhe or in Cologne (if it is OK, I would like
>> to change the location to cologne)
>
> works for me, i guess it boils down to the demographic we want to
> address. Infra/ops/admin is easier than dev/deployment; cloud and virt
> is also an option, as is storage and provisioning. Where do you think
> there will be max value for the local audience ?

I think that we're really open for any topics. From my perspective we could offer some talks or even a workshop about

* Open Source Datacenter Management which includes for example
** foreman (bare metal deployment; cloud deployment)
** puppet (as config management)
* Cloud Management with OpenNebula
* Building a scalable storage with ceph or glusterfs

all of them of course based on CentOS :)

>> * we can sponsor the catering (food and drinks and coffee and so on)
>> * we've a small and mobile "data center" where we could demonstrate a
>> lot of cool things (http://www.minirz.com/wordpress/?page_id=39)
>
> Having seen this in action in the past, I *really* want something like
> this :) time to go find some fabrication capacity!

If you want one -> just let me know it. I can build one for you :).

>> Regarding to the date:
>> * From our side it would be really great if we could host the event in
>> August 2014.
>
> How does the week of 25 - 31st Aug work for you ? Also, are you keen to
> do this on a weekday or a weekend ?

Sounds great. I think a weekday would fit much better than the weekend. So what do you think of Thursday, 28th August 2014?

Cheers,

	Matthias

--
Matthias Albert

Head of IT Engineering & Operations

inovex GmbH
Ludwig-Erhard-Allee 6
76131 Karlsruhe
Mobil +49 173 31 81 022
matthias.albert at inovex.de
www.inovex.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Pforzheim
AG Mannheim, HRB 502126
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Müller

Wir nutzen Technologien um unsere Kunden glücklich zu machen. Und uns selbst.