[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at Bangalore & Pune , India

Wed Mar 5 20:27:10 UTC 2014
Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com>

On 03/05/2014 01:25 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 03/05/2014 06:25 AM, Rejy M Cyriac wrote:
>> Do we use the general CentOS mailing list to invite talks for the Dojo,
>> and in case of too many proposals, do we use voting by the community to
>> decide which talks are selected ?
>
> We can certainly do that.

Do we have a mechanism for voting? It might be best to have the group
running the Dojo do the picking.

>> Are hands-on workshops generally done in a Dojo ?
>
> That can also be done, typically a Dojo will have :
> - User stories, where people have been able to do interesting stuff with
> CentOS Linux as the platform
> - Technical in depth conversations about something that ships in CentOS
> - Tutorials / tunning / deployment howto's.
>
> We've even had a hack session at the dojo in Brussles earlier this year,
> which was a success for most part.
>
>> Forgive me for asking too many questions, I am on a learning curve here :-)
>
> Not at all, I think we all are :)

I've started a page on the wiki for organizing Dojos. This is very much
a draft, so please don't take it as written in stone:

http://wiki.centos.org/Events/OrganizingDojos

Any comments, clarifications, or changes appreciated.

Best,

jzb

--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst