[CentOS-promo] Announcing and promoting Dojos

Wed Mar 12 18:02:40 UTC 2014
Joe Brockmeier <jzb at redhat.com>

On 03/12/2014 04:48 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> in the past, I've announced a Dojo at :
> * twitter
>
> * facebook ( by creating an event in the centos group and sending an
> invite to everyone in the group - currently thats about 7k people )
>
> * Mailing list to the main centos users list ( a few were announced to
> centos-announce, but made no real difference )
>
> * IRC
>
> * lwn.net/calendar ( some. not all )

I've wondered about doing a Meetup.com group for CentOS Dojos. It's
harder to do groups that aren't tied to a specific location, and there's
a (small) cost involved. The complication is that people assume they can
sign up on Meetup.com, but we can't tie them into Eventbrite the way we
can with Lanyrd.

We should also reach out to local groups that are related - for example,
there are a lot of DevOps and similar groups in / around the Bay Area in
California that might add us as a Meetup.

> What are the other places we should be announcing at ? is lanyard worth
> doing as well these days ?

Yeah, absolutely. It's not terribly hard to create a page, and it does
get visibility.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst