[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at Bangalore & Pune , India

Wed Mar 5 07:25:11 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 06:25 AM, Rejy M Cyriac wrote:

> Do we have a venue and date set for conducting the Dojo at Bangalore
> this year ?

not as yet, and the people I was talking with seem to have either
changed their mind or dont want to host it anymore. Can we use the
redhat offices ?

> Do we use the general CentOS mailing list to invite talks for the Dojo,
> and in case of too many proposals, do we use voting by the community to
> decide which talks are selected ?

We can certainly do that.

> Are hands-on workshops generally done in a Dojo ?

That can also be done, typically a Dojo will have :
- User stories, where people have been able to do interesting stuff with
CentOS Linux as the platform
- Technical in depth conversations about something that ships in CentOS
- Tutorials / tunning / deployment howto's.

We've even had a hack session at the dojo in Brussles earlier this year,
which was a success for most part.

> Forgive me for asking too many questions, I am on a learning curve here :-)

Not at all, I think we all are :)

--
Karanbir Singh