[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo in Carrollton, GA

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue May 20 17:06:03 UTC 2014

On 03/08/2014 01:54 PM, Gene Liverman wrote:
> Can do!  Any suggestions on what I should mention as far as topic requests
> or should I go with the stuff I mentioned (not sure what's fitting or a
> good idea)?  Also, should we aim for a particular date range?

Seems I've overlooked this thread for quite a while. I apologize. Given
that we're well into May now, perhaps we should look at targeting the
fall quarter/semester. Would mid-to-late September be acceptable?

Topics should be technical, and past examples of successful talks have
been along the lines of 'Getting started with Infiniband', various talks
on lifecycle and deployment strategies, performance tuning, and various
'cloud' bits such as openstack, IAAS, PAAS, etc.

> --
> *Gene Liverman*
> Systems Administrator
> Information Technology Services
> University of West Georgia
> gliverma at westga.edu
> 678.839.5492
>
> ITS: Making Technology Work for You!
>

> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
> sender immediately by return mail, delete this message, and destroy any
> copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than
> the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal or actionable by
> law.
>

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Excellent! If you could reach out to them and line up a couple speakers,
>> I'll get started on this end and also reach out to a few GA based folks
>> I know.
>>
>> On 03/06/2014 12:55 PM, Gene Liverman wrote:
>>> Awesome!  Depending on what kind of presentations we want I think we
>> might
>>> be able to find some inside the university system.  Most of the people
>>> (myself included) I know here locally would be most interested in the
>>> learning from others aspect of this but I am happy to put it out there
>> once
>>> it has gotten a little farther along in the process.  The Atlanta area
>> has
>>> several user groups that we might be able to pull talent from.  Google
>> also
>>> has a decent size presence around here so we could try to see if someone
>>> from there wanted to talk if that sounds interesting.
>>>

>>> --
>>> *Gene Liverman*
>>> Systems Administrator
>>> Information Technology Services