[CentOS-promo] CentOS Dojo at Cincinnati, USA

Tue May 20 16:45:52 UTC 2014
Matthew Hyclak <hyclak at gmail.com>

Joe,

30 minutes should be good. Here's a quick abstract/title:

Title: Open Compute Platform for Hadoop

Abstract: Open Compute Hardware allows for inexpensive scaling on a
rack-sized scale. Hadoop takes advantage of scaling at that level. We are
moving toward using Foreman to deploy Hadoop onto the OCP hardware for
ourselves and our customers.

Bios:

Matt Hyclak (@hyclak) is a Sr. Systems Engineer at CBTS. Primarily a Linux
engineer, he has spent time in the professional services area and is now
working on R&D around cloud services. Matt participates in the Central Ohio
Linux Users Group and has been using Linux since 1998.

Eric Sarakaitis (@esarakaitis) is a Sr. Virtualization Engineer at
CBTS. He offers
over 10 years experience as a systems engineer, with a wide range of
technical experience in various operating systems and platforms. Eric has
experience in diverse companies and organizations and specializes in
Virtualization and other hosted platforms such as Windows and Linux.

Pictures are attached.

Thanks!

Matt