[CentOS-promo] For CentOS Dojo -- Storage SIG: current status and future plans

Mon Dec 28 13:25:24 UTC 2015
Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com>

Hi,

it would be great if I can give a presentation about the current status
of the Storage SIG. This talk can fill 30-60 minutes. Depending on the
allocated time, I will include some demos as well.

We might wand to add co-presenters, if there is an interest from other
Storage SIG members.

Thanks,
Niels

Abstract:

The last couple of months we have been working on providing packages
through the Storage SIG. During this talk, Niels will explain a little
about the process that makes it possible to provide packages in the SIG
that can be released to users. At the moment, users can install Gluster
and NFS-Ganesha from the SIG, Ceph and other components are following.

In addition to the packaging efforts, members of the SIG are working on
adding tests in the CentOS CI infrastructure. Some examples of tests and
plans for the future will be presented.

About the speaker:

Niels is a core-developer and maintainer for Gluster. He is employed by
Red Hat and works together with other teams who provide professional
support for Red Hat Gluster Storage. The main areas where Niels is
active, include network protocols, low-level/Operating Systems
improvements and integration with other Open Source projects like
NFS-Ganesha. When Niels is not hacking on Open Source software, you are
most likely to find him on a squash court or cycling around in the area
near Zaandam in The Netherlands where he lives.