[CentOS-promo] I wanna setup CentOS local community in Myanmar

Tue Jun 21 09:21:48 UTC 2016
Brian (bex) Exelbierd <bex at pobox.com>

> On Jun 21, 2016, at 4:37 AM, Bad Asz <badaszthori at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am from country:Myanmar, state_city:Yangon/Rangon, Township:Dagon_Myothit
> _North), Postal_code:11421.
> I'm working as freelance system administrator in kind of SME offices and
> also teaching basic linux tutorial for kids at some private school for free
> of charge.
> Now, there is no community of CentOs Enterprise Linux in where I live but
> there is the others such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Redhat and etc..
> I usual attend some kind of local information technology seminars and
> Barcamps.
> I want to stand-up the lead of CentOs local community in myanmar.
> The points are local IT guys and organization will gain more knowledge of
> open source distro, CentOS will well known at Myanmar as I do and others
> odd facts.
> How should I start it?
It sounds like you've started to define why you think a group would be good. Are there others you know who are interested? I'd start by finding out from them what would be helpful.  Do they want tutorials? Talks about how people are using CentOS? Installation parties? Every group has different needs and priorities.

Once you know this you can try to find people to help present the topics. You'll also need to figure out where you can meet and how to advertise your new group. In many places employers will donate a space or you can meet in a pub or restaurant. Depending on how Myanmar works, you might find sites like meetup.com or Google Groups helpful.

Keep in mind that running a user group can easily become a big commitment. The little details like picking dates and times and finding a place take a lot longer than you would think. Be sure to look for local folks who can help you. Another key is consistency. Establish a meeting cadence and expectations for what will happen.

Searching the web for things like "How to start a user group" may provide good guidance. I'm not aware of any CentOS specific guides.

Regards,

bex
Brian (bex) Exelbierd | bex at pobox.com
+420-606-055-877 | @bexelbie