[CentOS-promo] How can I make CentOS Myanmar Community?

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:22:16 UTC 2016

Hello Yan,

On 31 October 2016 at 20:28, Yan Naing Myint <yannaing at cyberwings.asia> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm willing to lead a community in my region, where I live. I'm willing to make a "CentOS Myanmar Community" where all the centos users can be gathered to make a talks, events, discussions and so on. Moreover, as it, we can go into like other events by our talks promoting centos and how-to technical talks.
>
> My question is that am I able to lead a community only by being in this mailing list?

You can not lead a community only being at this mailing list :-)

I suggest you to take some initiatives there for example schedule
community meetup's.
Put schedule info of your meetups on internet.
This will help people to know about your Cent OS Myanmar community.

You probably can think of having CentOS DoJo event in Yangon next year.
You need to coordinate with respective Cent OS team for that. :-)
In India we do have Cent OS DoJo events in Pune,Bangalore.

> Anything, additionally, required for this approach?

FOSSASIA 2017 summit will be there in Singapore next year in February month.
Feel free to promote centos Yangon community there, give a talk on
activities/contribution/promotion you do back in Yangon for Cent OS.
FOSSASIA summit is sponsored mainly by Red Hat. I am pretty sure
they'll be happy to see you there.

Regards,
Amey.