[CentOS-promo] How can I make CentOS Myanmar Community?

Yan Naing Myint

yannaing at cyberwings.asia
Tue Nov 29 09:31:50 UTC 2016

Hi there everyone,

We are going to have an one-day event (conference and lab) in Yangon. That
will be on December 4, 2016.

Let me explain some details of that,
And we have arranged some topics that the local people really want to know
for conference.
And we will get a venue sponsor. And coffee and some snacks will be
sponsored by a local IT company.
We are arranging to have some stickers and gifts too.

By the way, I know there is a place to put our event in CentOS wiki, but,
can you guys please guide me there, just want to make sure I'm putting our
event info up in the right place.

Best,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> On 02/11/16 17:24, Yan Naing Myint wrote:
> > Thanks Amey, so this means I am able to do some small events to make
> > people here know more and use CentOS, right?
> >
> > Because I have a bunch of people willing to promote CentOS here, so, we
> > will be organizing events, and 'yes' we will make schedule and will
> > manage to make CentOS DOJO events too.
> >

> where do these people usually visit ? Are they active on facebook ?
> would they be willing to join a mailing list ? Would they prefer a web
> forum ? Depending on your answer, we can certainly help get you setup
> and help promote it.
>
> w.r.t setting up and running a Day event - that would be fantastic.
> Typically we ask people to work through some constraints, and we might
> be able to help in some way once the group is established a bit.
>
> Regards and thanks for offering to help
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh